Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Meet the Stylist's: January Spotlight

Happy New Year! We are starting this year off with our 
Stylist Spot Light for January!

Meet Tara!

Tara has been working at Suggestions since September.
She is a Stylist & an Esthetician.

Q. Where did you go to school?
A. I went to Esthetic School at Bon Losee Academy & Cosmetology school in San Diego
Q. How long have you been in the beauty industry?
A. I've been and Esthetician for 7 years and a stylist for 4 years
Q. Where are you from?
A. San Diego, CA
Q. What is a must-have product you love?
A. For Hair: Quick Tease is my newest obsession. It doubles as a teasing boost and a hairspray. I also will always love Redken's Argan Oil. 
A. For Skin: Image Total Resurfacing Mask is my favorite exfoliator I have EVER used.
Q. What are your favorite things about doing hair?
A. I love being able to make people feel & look great. When you look your best you feel your best! I want everyone to feel like their best self & being a stylist I can help people achieve that in many different ways.
Q. What are your favorite skin care service?
A. Chemical Peels, Chemical Peels, Chemical Peels. I love how they are a goal oriented service that help you fight any skin condition you're struggling with! If you've never done it, you've got to try it! And Winter is the perfect time to start!
Q. Give us  a tip or trick about styling hair.
A. I love the wavy messy look for curls some days. I take 1'' vertical sections of the hair and alternate curing forward and backward, wait until all hair has cooled then spritz with Redken's Quick Tease or a light hair spray. Gently run your fingers through your curls to soften. Use a finishing spray. Boom. Fun messy curls. 
Q. Tell me your favorite tool for styling hair.
A. My 3/4'' Curling iron. 
Q. What inspired you to go into the industry?
A. I worked at the front desk at a day spa & within 2 weeks of working there I decided the beauty industry was for me! I loved everything about it from the beginning & I don't know what I was doing with my life before. :) 

Here is some of Tara's recent work here at Suggestions.








 Tara is offering a Complementary Color Service with her this month to one lucky winner.

How to win???
Follow @suggestionssalon on Instagram,
Repost the Suggestions Salon Giveaway photo.
Tag 2 friends in your post along with @suggestionssalon
Add #suggestionsgiveaway to your comment to complete entree.

Contest Ends Jan 15th

Happy Winning


xo

Suggestions Salon